Mobile Dating Safety Guide
Tips to make your dating experience safe and fun.
When you begin dating through SinglesAroundMe, it's a good time to think about what you want from people you meet. It's also a good time to think about how to safely meet and interact with new people around you. Remember, SinglesAroundMe doesn't provide background checks on our members or subscribers and though we take steps to protect our members, ultimately, your online and offline safety is your responsibility and should be your top priority. Use these tips and common sense practices to help you look for a fulfilling relationship.
Creating Your Profile
Protect your identity and personal information
- Be Anonymous
Don't include your last name or any other identifying information such as your place of work in your profile or initial communications.
- Don't Use Contact Information
Don't include your contact information such as your email address, 甘肃快三走势图 address, or phone number in your profile or initial communications.
- Protect Your Password
Use caution when accessing your account from a public or shared computer so that others can't view or record your password or personal information.
- Consider How You Wish To Show Your Location: You can show your location, shift your location by a few miles or even hide your location. These settings can be changed at any time depending upon where you are and what you are doing.
Connecting Online or Via our Apps.
Get to know people first
- Communicate through SinglesAroundMe
Be cautious and learn more about someone before contacting him or her outside of SinglesAroundMe on the phone or through your personal email or social media accounts. Also, consider using an anonymous email address for contacting people outside of SinglesAroundMe.
- Take Your Time
Sometimes when you're meeting someone new, your desire for success can be confused by strong feelings. Take your time to get to know someone before sharing your full identity or personal information.
- Do Your Own Research
Check to see if the person you're interested in is on other social networking sites like Facebook, do a web search to see if there are other records of the person online, and use government resources that are publicly available and paid services. SINGLESAROUNDME DOES NOT ROUTINELY SCREEN OUR MEMBERS, INQUIRE INTO THE BACKGROUND OF OUR MEMBERS, ATTEMPT TO VERIFY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY OUR MEMBERS, OR CONDUCT CRIMINAL SCREENINGS OF OUR MEMBERS.
- Never Send Money
If people as you for money there are scammers and be wary and report them to us. Always keep your bank and account information private.
- Report Suspicious Behavior
Be smart and take precautions
Meeting someone new is an exciting step but continue to be on guard. When meeting someone in person for the first time, take precautions and consider these dos and don'ts.
- Let friends or family members know where you're going and when you'll be 甘肃快三走势图
- Meet in a public place with lots of people around
- Use your own transportation to get to and from the date
- Watch your alcohol intake
- Keep your wallet, phone, and personal items with you
- Leave at any time you feel uncomfortable
- Bring your cell phone with you
- Arrange to contact a friend when the date is over
- Go on your date without telling anyone
- Meet somewhere isolated or at your or someone else's 甘肃快三走势图
- Allow your date to pick you up at your 甘肃快三走势图 or place of work
- Leave your drink unattended
- Leave your personal items unattended
- Feel pressured to stay or do anything
- Go to a place where you can't contact anyone
- Return from your date alone, without telling anyone
Report suspicious behavior right away
Remember that people aren't always as honest as you. If you suspect that someone you're talking to may be a scammer, stop talking with them and report him or her to us right away. To report and block a member, visit his or her profile select the report button.
Examples of scammers which should be reported to us right away:
- asking you for money or financial information—especially to help pay for travel expenses of any sort or medical bills.
- contacting you from another country (or claiming to be from your country but stuck in a foreign country). On each profile you can check the users location to see if they are in the country they say they are in.
- refusing to meet in person or talk on the phone
- claiming to love you right away
- pressuring you for your phone number, email, or other personal or financial information right away
- asking to communicate through a channel other than SinglesAroundMe right away (e.g., texting, calling, using another site, etc.)
- often repeating things or seeming disconnected from communications
- dodging your questions without providing answers, or replies to your messages seem off-topic, trying to sell you products or services
- offering you a job opportunity
- directing you to other websites or a pornographic site